A few days ago, I had the kind of day that sees the creation of many lists. My busy little mind couldn’t settle to one task, so I pottered grumpily around my home doing chores and formulating answer-less questions.
What am I supposed to be doing?
Why do I never seem to do whatever it is that I’m supposed to be doing?
What do I want out of my life?
I’m sure I don’t need to go on. Suffice to say, one of my lists included such pearls as: be more creative; be more productive; eat healthy; live more organised. The problem with this list is that none of my goals are even remotely S.M.A.R.T.
For those of you who haven’t encountered this acronym before, it means:
How much ‘more’ creative, productive or organised? What level of healthiness? How will I action this? How will I know when I’m there?
However – near the bottom of my list, highlighted in green, and seemingly simple:
Identify the Positives
So here goes, in a rainbow of colours because I’m in the mood for pretty…
- My incredibly beautiful daughter bought me a bunch of her favourite flowers
- I got a good grade for a Sociology presentation (way better than I thought it would be)
- I won’t have to repeat the experience of presenting my Sociology presentation again!
- I’ve been blogging consistently for over two weeks now
- I’m halfway through training for a volunteer job that I think I will be good at
- The book I’m currently reading is unlike anything I normally read
- It is also an amazing read so far
- Spring is here and it’s spectacular
- I managed to wake up on time three days in a row without shouting at myself
- I finished an assignment two days early
- People love me – obviously not all people – a select group of smart, funny, kind, interesting, and generous people consider me worthy of love.
All in all, I’m thinking life’s pretty good right now … and I’m not so bad myself.
Please, please, comment something positive about you or your life. I’d love to congratulate you on your epicness and good fortune. ❤